IIS authentication with FREERADIUS !

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed Jul 6 11:19:24 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 3:56 PM, JAHANZAIB SYED <aacable at hotmail.com> wrote:
> The 'client' refuses to use Linux to share there media ftp server because of
> some of there own reasons. They insist to stick on IIS.
>
> So again I am asking for help , is there any way IIS can get authentication
> from freeradius server. there is a utility called RADIIS which does the job,
> but its expensive (400$) . any other workaround ?

You're missing the point.

This is freeradius list, not microsoft/IIS list.

If IIS can use radius protocol (with any radius server) for
authentication, then you should be able to integrate it with
freeradius. If it uses some custom specific radius attribute, then
maybe we'll be able to help you to add that custom attribute to the
dictionary.

But the problem is you're asking whether IIS supports radius. I don't
know. I don't use IIS. And judging from the (lack of) response you
get, nobody on this list knows (or care) either.

So again, my suggestion is "ask microsoft or IIS list"

--
Fajar