Freeradius 2.0.5 simple configuration fail

ael.gain at free.fr ael.gain at free.fr
Wed Jul 6 12:10:31 CEST 2011

Hi everyone,
I'm currently trying to set a Freeradius 2.0.5 on a synology NAS which I installed via ipkg.
I would like to authenticate the wifi users throught a netgear WG103 '802.1x enabled'.
So i've just modified the users file to add a 'rad' user :
"rad Cleartext-Password := "rad""
And added in clients.conf :
client 10.1.1.16 {
        secret          = ap_pass
        shortname       = ap
}
I configured the ap according to these settings.
Everything works fine when using radtest, but when trying to authenticate with the ap, i get the debug output that I put in attached file.

I suppose the problem comes from :
"auth: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the request: Rejecting the user
auth: Failed to validate the user."

I search the Internet a whole day to fix this error without making the radius working...
Do you have any idea ?
thanks