IIS authentication with FREERADIUS !

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Wed Jul 6 12:21:18 CEST 2011

JAHANZAIB SYED <aacable at hotmail.com> writes:

> The 'client' refuses to use Linux to share there media ftp server
> because of some of there own reasons. They insist to stick on IIS.
>
> So again I am asking for help , is there any way IIS can get
> authentication from freeradius server. there is a utility called
> RADIIS which does the job, but its expensive (400$) . any other
> workaround ?

I really don't see the problem with that.  If they expect the IIS
solution to be cheap and work out-of-the-box, then their expectations
need serious adjustments.  My advice to you is to not try to plaster
over the facts.  You'll only end up with the blame for all the problems
*their choice* resulted in.

USD 400 cannot be expensive in Microsoft-land.  It's about 2 client
licenses for a Windows Small Business Server.  If you run a business
based entirely on Microsoft software, your licensing fees alone will
probably be around USD 1000 *per employee* just to get a basic setup
(server, desktop-OS, office suite).

If they are unhappy with the costs, then there are alternatives.  If
they don't want the alternatives, then ask in some Microsoft forum
instead.

Bjørn