rlm_sql and read_groups

Jacob Dawson dawson at vt.edu
Tue Jul 12 16:07:40 CEST 2011

Found the source of my problem, thanks to your pointer.  While it doesn't seem to matter if FreeRADIUS gets any results from the authorize_group_reply_query, sql.conf requires that it be configured and run in order to be happy.  Since we have, in this case, no reply attributes to set (those are only a sometimes thing for us, and not happening the current batch of work we're doing), it returns nothing when it runs the query, but continues happily and authorizes the user.

Also, if there's interest, I can submit the oracle-ized version of the schema that we created.  The one included in the source users non-oracle variable types and a few incorrect restrictions (Several items are set unique when, logically, they should not be).
Thanks much,
 - Jacob