How to setup Freeradius in a Domain

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Wed Jul 13 18:51:35 CEST 2011

On Jul 13, 2011, at 5:20 PM, sgilmour wrote:

> I just want to make sure I understand this.  The only way is to be able to
> login to my PC with a Domain is to incorporate freeradius with an Active
> Directory server.

No as the others have said, unless you're looking to qualify a username using the value of the domain field in the login box, in which case yes its possible.

e.g.

User: 010103523
Domain: STAFF

You can then proxy the request based on the domain, use it to determine which directory to query, or to check group membership (though thats a little weird and undomainy).

-Arran

Arran Cudbard-Bell
a.cudbardb at freeradius.org

RADIUS - Half the complexity of Diameter