"radiusd -X" read my sql database but not "freeradius -X"

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Mon Jul 18 11:45:10 CEST 2011

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 4:37 PM, schnoocats <schnoocats at laposte.net> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> as part of my studies I try to set up a radius server with a mysql database.
> I have a wifi access point defined as a client (172.16.140.87) in a NAS
> table inside my radius database.
>
> Everything works perfectly when i test with the tool "radiusd -X" !

This is most likely freeradius installation that you installed
manually from source ...

> But when i use the tool "freeradius -X" it does not connect to the database,

... while this is the one that comes with Debian/Ubuntu as a package.

> so it will not read the client and therefore I 'have a great "Ignoring
> request to authentication address * port 1812 from 172.16.140.87 port 59129
> unknown customer." when i test.

You mixed up the two installations. Don't.
Either compile it manually, or use the package. Don't use both.

> What the differences between this 2 tools ?
> What can i do for solve my problem because by default the daemon is
> freeradius and it ignores my requests...

Edit the correct config files for the one you want to use. By default,
Debian/Ubuntu's freeradius configuration directory is on
/etc/freeradius

--
Fajar