"radiusd -X" read my sql database but not "freeradius -X"

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Mon Jul 18 14:08:47 CEST 2011

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 6:46 PM, schnoocats <schnoocats at laposte.net> wrote:
> Thank you, you're right !!!
> I have two installations of freeradius unintentionally ...
>
> Actually I'm under ubuntu server 10.04, I have compiled from
> freeradius-server-2.1.11.tar.gz
> I guess at one point I had to install the package freeradius in ubuntu (I
> suspect the command "apt-get install freeradius-mysql", it was perhaps not
> necessary at once ...)

If you're familiar with creating your own package using
dpkg-buildpackage, you can just build Ubuntu package from the source
tarball. See http://wiki.freeradius.org/Build#Building+Debian+packages
.

Alternatively, if you simply want to use 2.1.11 but don't have the
required skill to maintain manual installation, try my ppa:
https://launchpad.net/~freeradius/+archive/stable

--
Fajar