TTLS use_tunneled_reply and Mac OSX

Scott Armitage S.P.Armitage at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Jul 20 15:27:17 CEST 2011

On 20 Jul 2011, at 13:39, Phil Mayers wrote:

> On 20/07/11 11:26, Scott Armitage wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have noticed that when authenticating using TTLS/MSCHAPv2 that the
>> outer-identity is used in the RADIUS reply packet even if the
>> use_tunneled_reply is set to yes for TTLS in eap.conf
>
> That's not what we see:
>
> [ttls] Using saved attributes from the original Access-Accept
> 	User-Name = "xxx"
> Sending Access-Accept of id 8 to 192.168.51.229 port 57353
> 	User-Name = "xxx"
>
> Can you show a debug?

I've attached a full debug.  I notice that if I do a PEAP authentication i see the following:

[peap] Using saved attributes from the original Access-Accept
	Reply-Message = "Authenticated by Test ORPS"
	User-Name = "scott-test"

compared with TTLS which has:

[ttls] Using saved attributes from the original Access-Accept
	Reply-Message = "Authenticated by Test ORPS"

>> Does anyone know the reason for this?
>
> Are you using TLS session resumption?

Yes,  however I disabled TLS session resumption and tested again and got the same results.

Thanks

Scott