How to run a perl script

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Jul 21 15:03:35 CEST 2011

On 21/07/11 13:45, Tyller D wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to run a perl script, using rlm_perl, at specific times.
>
> For example, when a Stop request comes in run stop.pl <http://stop.pl>,
> when an interim-update comes in run update.pl <http://update.pl>.
>
> Can someone tell me where to do this. I am sorry if my question seems
> vague but I am fairly lost. I can write the script I just don't know how
> to call it.

You've already said you want to use "rlm_perl". Have you read the sample
config "raddb/modules/perl" and the same scripts that comes with the
server source, "src/modules/rlm_perl/example.pl"?

Basically, you just:

  1. Define a perl module - see raddb/modules/perl for an example
  2. Put it in the server config at the point you want to run it