RADIUS Questions

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Tue Jul 26 22:45:04 CEST 2011

On 07/26/2011 04:10 PM, Dan wrote:
> I'm running FreeRadius 2.1.7-7.e15 ( I believe this is the latest)
> with freeradius2-krb5-2.1.7-7.e15 and freeradius2-utils-2.1.7-7.e15.

2.1.7 is the latest in RHEL5. 2.1.11 is the latest from the FreeRADIUS
project (just released a few weeks ago). Fedora has the latest upstream
2.1.11, but RHEL does not, why? See:

http://wiki.freeradius.org/Red_Hat_FAQ

We've been rebasing FreeRADIUS in the RHEL versions on average every
other update cycle, no guarantee though. RHEL is generally not amenable
to software rebases (i.e. changing to a new upstream version) because
it's in conflict with RHEL's goal of long term stability. But we've got
special dispensation for FreeRADIUS because of it's high churn rate.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/