Offsite linking to the new wiki

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 05:09:39 CEST 2011

Hi All,

It's come to our attention that some offsite links were using hardcoded underscores to substitute spaces in wiki URLs.

Because gollum uses hyphens (-) as a substitute for whitespace instead of underscores (_), these pages appeared not to exist in the new wiki.

I've created a patch (https://github.com/github/gollum/pull/166) to fix this, so that whitespace in filenames becomes a wildcard match for either '-' '_' or ' '. This will also be preserved if the filename changes.

However, to stop the gollum people getting too annoyed, new pages created using gollum will not have the wildcard match, as they are created with hypens (-) instead of spaces (even if the page title contains space).

So for linking these files, you'll need to either use hyphens (-) or spaces.

So in summary:

wiki.freeradius.org/exisiting_foo_bar - Works
wiki.freeradius.org/exisiting-foo-bar - Works
wiki.freeradius.org/exisiting foo bar - Works

wiki.freeradius.org/new_foo_bar - Doesn't work
wiki.freeradius.org/new-foo-bar - Works
wiki.freeradius.org/new foo bar - Works

-Arran

Arran Cudbard-Bell
RM-RF Limited - Security consultation and contracting
VoIP: +1 916-436-1352 Cell: +44 7854041841