One client, multiple NAS-Port-Types

DaveA daldwinc at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Jun 1 17:11:05 CEST 2011

Hello,

I am looking for some guidance on configuring clients that will send
requests with different NAS-Port-Type’s.

Devices: HP Procurve, Cisco, Aruba wireless controllers
Possible NAS-Port-Types: Ethernet, Virtual, Wireless, Async

Ex., for an HP procurve switch, the possibilities will be:
1.	CLI access (admin) – NAS-Port-Type = Virtual
2.	802.1X (users) – Nas-Port-Type = Ethernet

In this case, I would like to send CLI and 802.1x requests to different
virtual servers, because I accomplish #1 painlessly with ldap, and #2 gets
more complicated with ads and eduroam in the mix.

I have read through clients.conf and do not believe it can be done there.
Where is the most appropriate place to separate the requests?

Thank-you,
Dave