Freeradius not releasing IPs from pool

George Chelidze gchelidze at magticom.ge
Fri Jun 3 10:33:33 CEST 2011

On 06/01/2011 04:02 PM, Angel L. Mateo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with my pools in freeradius. The problems is that it is
> not releasing IPs from the pools. At least, not all of them, so after a
> while my users can't connect because the pool is full.

Several quick questions:

1. Are you sure your pool is large enough? Average duration of a
session/Number of new sessions per second should be taken in account.
2. Are you sure you don't miss any accounting messages?
3. Which attributes do you use to construct a pool key? Make sure all
attributes exist in Accounting messages.

Best Regards,

George Chelidze