Slow Mysql Queries

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Jun 6 10:45:06 CEST 2011

Hi,

> Are all the slow query entries potentially a problem, I mean should

yes. any slow queries are potentially a problem. in your
case I believe that you have that many rows in your DB table - and because
there is no index, all entries have to be seen - as previous post says,
you need a DBA or quickly pick up some skills. its quite easy to use 'EXPLAIN'
with your SELECT query to find out what is happening...and even easier to
add just one index that will fix the main bottleneck.

common issue is running a DB that has no index on your main query target
specifier  (a default DB wont have ANY indexes on it for columns you have
created).

alan