Freeradius not releasing IPs from pool

Angel L. Mateo amateo at um.es
Mon Jun 6 13:37:43 CEST 2011

El 03/06/11 10:33, George Chelidze escribió:
> On 06/01/2011 04:02 PM, Angel L. Mateo wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a problem with my pools in freeradius. The problems is that it is
>> not releasing IPs from the pools. At least, not all of them, so after a
>> while my users can't connect because the pool is full.
>
> Several quick questions:
>
> 1. Are you sure your pool is large enough? Average duration of a
> session/Number of new sessions per second should be taken in account.

	Yes. This server is an update from an existing one with the same
configuration, the only difference is freeradius versions (from 1.1.7 to
2.1.8) and that now I'm using virtual servers.

> 2. Are you sure you don't miss any accounting messages?

	I think not.

> 3. Which attributes do you use to construct a pool key? Make sure all
> attributes exist in Accounting messages.

	The defaults, I'm not using the key option of the pool. I think the
defaults are "%{NAS-IP-Address} %{NAS-Port}". NAS-IP-Address is always
the same (our VPN server)and NAS-Port changes from users. Is that correct?

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática