wiki auth error

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 18:07:03 CEST 2011

I actually rewrote the omniauth integration as a Sinatra plugin, which returns a 401 error (unauthorized) with more friendly error messages, i've just been too tied up with other things to install it. It also fixes the button height issue which is a CSS error that doesn't appear under chrome, but does under Firefox.

If either UID, or Name are blank then authentication is not allowed this is to prevent spam. It's not something omniauth does by default, it's something I added explicitly.

-Arran

On Jun 9, 2011, at 3:15 PM, Jason Antman wrote:

> Problem solved. Sorry for the list traffic.
>
> Signed up for my GitHub account a year or so ago and never used it. Seeing the error below, went back and checked my profile. Sure enough, blank. OmniAuth doesn't like blank profiles...
>
> -Jason
>
> Jason Antman wrote:
>> As per the recent discussions, I tried to login to the wiki to edit some problem pages I found.
>>
>> 1) I click "login", both of the buttons (Github and Facebook) have incorrect height, much shorter than the actual imag, obscuring most of the buttons (Firefox 3.5.8 linux x86_64). e.g. the github logo shows just the ears and top of the head, everything below that is cut off.
>>
>> 2) when I click the button to auth via github (I've never logged in to the wiki before), I get a runtime error:
>>
>> RuntimeError at /auth/github/callback
>> Invalid data from provider, omniauth user hash {:user_info => {:name => }} must not be empty or whitespace
>>
>>   * file: omniauth.rb
>>   * location: initialize
>>   * line: 24
>>
>> I have the full .htm backtrace and environment dump if someone wants it. I haven't looked through it in depth, but given the session info and secrets, omniauth info on my github account, etc. I didn't want to post it to the list.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jason Antman
>> Rutgers University
>> -
>> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
>
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Arran Cudbard-Bell
RM-RF Limited - Security consultation and contracting
VoIP: +1 916-436-1352 Cell: +44 7854041841