chain two authentication modules together

madmatrix hailumeng at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 18:36:08 CEST 2011

Hi All,

I searched some related posts in the forum and see Alan pointed out the
rlm_example.c has the example for chaining two authentication modules. I
have 2.1.10 version source code. In the rlm_example.c, the authentication
part is only like this:

static int example_authenticate(void *instance, REQUEST *request)
{
	/* quiet the compiler */
	instance = instance;
	request = request;

	return RLM_MODULE_OK;
}

Can't see how two authentication modules get chained here.

What I'm wanting to do is integrate LDAP and OTP. The OTP I want to use
doesn't have interface to radius. So I'm planning to get that OTP source
code into a new FR module. For LDAP part, I just want to include the
existing module to the new one. Is this doable? I guess I may need implant
the LDAP module code into the new module too.

The whole authentication process is: 1. LDAP authentication. 2. If
successful, do something and request 2nd OTP authencation. If not, reject
the authentication.

>From what I read here, the new module must be the way to do this. But is
there any easy way to integrate existing module like LDAP into the new
module?

Thanks a lot for your help. Really appreciate it.

Lou