Cleanup Stale Sessions - needed?

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Jun 21 00:51:58 CEST 2011

Hi,

> So I have this teasing menu option in daloradius which is called
> "Cleanup Stale Sessions". I think it does exactly what I need but:
>
> 1) I do not want to break the radiusd
> 2) I do not want to loose my radius logs ("who had that IP that day..")
> 3) I do not know if this is the right "button" to click

you can proably look at the source. i would guess that it would simply close any accounting
sessions which dont have a stop already - though how it does that (ie what time period
it looks for any accounts to be older than, i dont know - maybe a day, maybe the last minute).

i'm going to guess it wont break radiusd (any further than yours is already ;-) )

i'm going to assume that all it does is close each session to ensure that simultaneous usage
wont show that they are already on...you may need to flush the radwho

i'm sure it'll help, after all, it is too teasing a button. much like a big
red button that says 'dont press'  ;-)

alan