MAC auth bypass with freeradius/openldap

g17jimmy g17jimmy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 16:26:08 CEST 2011

The NAS is a Linksys/Cisco SFE2000 switch. There is very little flexibility
in how to configure the switch and the documents do not detail how to
configure it for 802.1x or mac bypass, other than to say it can do it.

The client is a windows system being plugged into a port on the switch.

I will say that your reply helped, fixed the problem. The switch manual had
no detail on configuration for making it work and I had made the config I
thought needed to be made and had one thing out of place. I set the 802.1x
authentication method to 'radius'. I changed that to 'none' and it's
working.