..::Restrict local users::..

Alfonso Alejandro Reyes Jiménez conesh at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 06:29:52 CEST 2011

Hi Everyone.

we would like to know if there's a way to reject access to the local
users, that's because we discover that if you have a system account you
may login on the radius server.

I have the teory that if we use the rlm_passwd module we can reject the
access to the "local group", I search on the man rlm_passwd file and it
has examples of the configuration. The only thing that I don't
understand is how radius know which file to check.

I mean if I put a file with our group information, how can I tell radius
to check that file? I have the group file on the /etc/ and the smbpasswd
example on /etc/raddb/modules/

I've checked all the raddb directory files looking for any option
without luck.

What am I doing wrong?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Alfonso.