Failed creating handler

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Sat Jun 25 11:25:53 CEST 2011

Hi,

> I'm running FreeRADIUS 2.1.11 on Gentoo compiled with specific patches
> (qafixes, versionless, pkglibdir) and a small patch of my own
> (byminute, adds an extra var in xlat.c, nothing big). I'm experiencing
> a weird crash of which I've found absolutely nothing online: "Failed
> creating handler". Source code says this one comes from
> src/main/event.c when calling fr_event_insert() but I can't figure out
> anything else.

My new 2.1.11 died after about 24h of happy RADIUSing - twice now. It's
too busy to run -X, so I don't have a lot of logs. radius.log logs the
last previous auth OK - and then the process is gone.

Would this behaviour fit to this problem cause?

Worth trying the usec fix in GIT?

Greetings,

Stefan Winter