Version 2.1.11 has been released

Dirk van der Walt dirkvanderwalt at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 19:16:33 CEST 2011

Not really a bug, but I feel I should report it if someone else run into the
same issue.

On Ubuntu 10.4 (Lucid) when I try to build debs from the 2.1.11 source using
the instructions on the Wiki,
(  http://wiki.freeradius.org/Build#Building+Debian+packages
http://wiki.freeradius.org/Build#Building+Debian+packages )

the following error happens:

        echo misc:Depends= >> debian/freeradius.substvars
        dpkg-gencontrol -pfreeradius -ldebian/changelog
-Tdebian/freeradius.substvars -Pdebian/freeradius
parsechangelog/debian: warning:     debian/changelog(l3): found trailer
where expected start of change data
LINE:  -- Alan DeKok <aland at freeradius.org>  Sat, 18 Jun 2011 10:45:03
+0100
dpkg-gencontrol: error: source package name `Freeradius' contains illegal
character `F'
dh_gencontrol: dpkg-gencontrol -pfreeradius -ldebian/changelog
-Tdebian/freeradius.substvars -Pdebian/freeradius returned exit code 255
make[1]: *** [binary-common] Error 9
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/system/d/freeradius-server-2.1.11'
make: *** [binary-arch] Error 2
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules binary gave error exit status 2

It does not like the captil 'F' on the first line of debian/changelog:
Freeradius (2.1.11+git) unstable; urgency=medium

Change it to:
freeradius (2.1.11+git) unstable; urgency=medium

And try again:
$> fakeroot  dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc

to complete the build successful.

Kind regards