Problem with Rlm_Perl

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Mon Jun 27 12:24:11 CEST 2011

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 4:57 PM, marvin <nicolas.dupuis at ovh.net> wrote:
> So, I use the last distrib 2.1.11 and no, i haven't this file (rlm_perl.so).
> I have tried different compilation like these :
>
> ./configure --with-static-modules=perl
> ./configure --with-rlm_perl=yes
> ./configure --with-rlm_perl

Did you read the configure output?

A simple ./configure should build rlm_perl by default, but ONLY if you
have necessary dev package installed (in Ubuntu, this is libperl-dev).
If you DON'T the dev package installed, you'll get a warning similar
to this

configure: WARNING: oracle headers not found.  Use
--with-oracle-include-dir=<path>.
configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_sql_oracle.
configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_sql_oracle requires: oci.h.

(the above is an example from rlm_oracle. The message will be
different from rlm_perl).

Again, if you're not familiar about building process, just use
prebuilt packages. F14 & 15 have 2.1.11 (in updates-testing, I think).
Ubuntu natty has 2.1.10 (in main) or 2.1.11 (unofficial PPA)

--
Fajar