New User and AD Question

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Mar 2 21:17:20 CET 2011

Hi,

> That is brilliant!   We are going to deploy a second domain this summer, I was wondering exactly how I would make our FR server work with both.  I am definitely going to give this a try!

we just use the failover method..... have 2 copies of the mschap
module - each with labels to mark them, then in the eap.conf we
query one, then, if it fails, we query the other.  simple.

eg

        Auth-Type MS-CHAP {

                if("%{User-Name}" =~ /@/){
                group {
                        NEWAD-withrealm {
                        reject = 1
                        ok = return
                        }
                        OLDAD-withrealm {
                        reject = 1
                        ok = return
                else {
                        NEWAD {
                        reject = 1
                        ok = return
                        }
                        OLDAD {
                        reject = 1
                        ok = return

NEWAD calls ntlm_auth against the new domain, OLDAD called ntlm_auth against the
old domain.  the -withrealm does similar thing but deals with user authentication
where '@ourrealm' appears.

the joy of FreeRADIUS is the flexibility with which you can tackle any issues
that come your way...  :-)

alan