decoupled accounting cron check

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Mar 6 21:40:14 CET 2011

Alexander Clouter wrote:
> The unfortunate outcome means after a bad accounting packet, the
> mountpoint I use for recording my journal fills up until FreeRADIUS
> hangs with no warning (meanwhile FreeRADIUS works fine so it is not
> something trivially monitored by NAGIOS or such).

  2.1.10 has Packet-Transmit-Counter

preacct {
	if (Packet-Transmit-Counter > 20) {
		ok
		return

  Should work, I think.

  In some cases, if the home server doesn't care enough to keep an
accounting server up and running, they deserve to lose accounting data.

  An alternate solution would be to put the retried packets into another
detail file, where they wouldn't bother anyone else.  An admin could
periodically check it, and delete the nonsense records.