Help required in Free Radius Debug Output

Raheel Itrat raheel082 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 16 16:27:34 CET 2011

Hi,

I am using Free readius version 1.1.7 on Ubuntu9.1, After installation I tried to check by editing the users file(etc/freeradius/users) by typing the following on the top and saved it

testing Cleartext-Password := "password"

Next i did  radtest testing password 127.0.0.1 0 testing123 and follwing is my debug output

Packet 0

rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 127.0.0.1:45704, id=54, length=59
        User-Name = "testing"
        User-Password = "password"
        NAS-IP-Address = 255.255.255.255
        NAS-Port = 0
  Processing the authorize section of radiusd.conf

  modcall[authorize]: module "preprocess" returns ok for request 0

  modcall[authorize]: module "chap" returns noop for request 0

  modcall[authorize]: module "mschap" returns noop for request 0

    rlm_realm: No '@' in User-Name = "testing", looking up realm NULL

    rlm_realm: No such realm "NULL"

  modcall[authorize]: module "suffix" returns noop for request 0

  rlm_eap: No EAP-Message, not doing EAP

  modcall[authorize]: module "eap" returns noop for request 0

    users: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 153

  modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns ok for request 0

rlm_pap: WARNING! No "known good" password found for the user.  Authentication may fail because of this.
  modcall[authorize]: module "pap" returns noop for request 0

modcall: leaving group authorize (returns ok) for request 0

  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type System

auth: type "System"

  Processing the authenticate section of radiusd.conf

modcall: entering group authenticate for request 0

  modcall[authenticate]: module "unix" returns notfound for request 0

modcall: leaving group authenticate (returns notfound) for request 0

auth: Failed to validate the user.

Delaying request 0 for 1 seconds

Finished request 0

Going to the next request

--- Walking the entire request list ---

Waking up in 1 seconds...

--- Walking the entire request list ---

Waking up in 1 seconds...

--- Walking the entire request list ---

Sending Access-Reject of id 54 to 127.0.0.1 port 45704
Waking up in 4 seconds...

--- Walking the entire request list ---

Cleaning up request 0 ID 54 with timestamp 4d80c9e9

Nothing to do.  Sleeping until we see a request.