Help required in Free Radius Debug Output

Raheel Itrat raheel082 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 17 11:32:45 CET 2011

Here is my complete debug output.

reread_config:  reading radiusd.conf
Config:   including file: /usr/local/etc/raddb/proxy.conf
Config:   including file: /usr/local/etc/raddb/clients.conf
Config:   including file: /usr/local/etc/raddb/snmp.conf
Config:   including file: /usr/local/etc/raddb/eap.conf
Config:   including file: /usr/local/etc/raddb/sql.conf
 main: prefix = "/usr/local"
 main: localstatedir = "/usr/local/var"
 main: logdir = "/usr/local/var/log/radius"
 main: libdir = "/usr/local/lib"
 main: radacctdir = "/usr/local/var/log/radius/radacct"
 main: hostname_lookups = no
 main: max_request_time = 30
 main: cleanup_delay = 5
 main: max_requests = 1024
 main: delete_blocked_requests = 0
 main: port = 0
 main: allow_core_dumps = no
 main: log_stripped_names = no
 main: log_file = "/usr/local/var/log/radius/radius.log"
 main: log_auth = no
 main: log_auth_badpass = no
 main: log_auth_goodpass = no
 main: pidfile = "/usr/local/var/run/radiusd/radiusd.pid"
 main: user = "(null)"
 main: group = "(null)"
 main: usercollide = no
 main: lower_user = "no"
 main: lower_pass = "no"
 main: nospace_user = "no"
 main: nospace_pass = "no"
 main: checkrad = "/usr/local/sbin/checkrad"
 main: proxy_requests = yes
 proxy: retry_delay = 5
 proxy: retry_count = 3
 proxy: synchronous = no
 proxy: default_fallback = yes
 proxy: dead_time = 120
 proxy: post_proxy_authorize = no
 proxy: wake_all_if_all_dead = no
 security: max_attributes = 200

 security: reject_delay = 1
 security: status_server = no
 main: debug_level = 0
read_config_files:  reading dictionary
read_config_files:  reading naslist
Using deprecated naslist file.  Support for this will go away soon.
read_config_files:  reading clients
read_config_files:  reading realms
radiusd:  entering modules setup
Module: Library search path is /usr/local/lib
Module: Loaded exec
 exec: wait = yes
 exec: program = "(null)"
 exec: input_pairs = "request"
 exec: output_pairs = "(null)"
 exec: packet_type = "(null)"
rlm_exec: Wait=yes but no output defined. Did you mean output=none?
Module: Instantiated exec (exec)
Module: Loaded expr
Module: Instantiated expr (expr)
Module: Loaded PAP
 pap: encryption_scheme = "crypt"
 pap: auto_header = yes
Module: Instantiated pap (pap)
Module: Loaded CHAP
Module: Instantiated chap (chap)
Module: Loaded MS-CHAP
 mschap: use_mppe = yes
 mschap: require_encryption = no
 mschap: require_strong = no
 mschap: with_ntdomain_hack = no
 mschap: passwd = "(null)"
 mschap: ntlm_auth = "(null)"
Module: Instantiated mschap (mschap)
Module: Loaded System
 unix: cache = no
 unix: passwd = "(null)"
 unix: shadow = "(null)"
 unix: group = "(null)"
 unix: radwtmp = "/usr/local/var/log/radius/radwtmp"
 unix: usegroup = no
 unix: cache_reload = 600
Module: Instantiated unix (unix)
Module: Loaded eap
 eap: default_eap_type = "md5"
 eap: timer_expire = 60
 eap: ignore_unknown_eap_types = no
 eap: cisco_accounting_username_bug = no
rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type md5
rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type leap
 gtc: challenge = "Password: "
 gtc: auth_type = "PAP"
rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type gtc
 mschapv2: with_ntdomain_hack = no
rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type mschapv2
Module: Instantiated eap (eap)
Module: Loaded preprocess
 preprocess: huntgroups = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/huntgroups"
 preprocess: hints = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/hints"
 preprocess: with_ascend_hack = no
 preprocess: ascend_channels_per_line = 23
 preprocess: with_ntdomain_hack = no
 preprocess: with_specialix_jetstream_hack = no
 preprocess: with_cisco_vsa_hack = no
 preprocess: with_alvarion_vsa_hack = no
Module: Instantiated preprocess (preprocess)
Module: Loaded realm
 realm: format = "suffix"
 realm: delimiter = "@"
 realm: ignore_default = no
 realm: ignore_null = no
Module: Instantiated realm (suffix)
Module: Loaded files
 files: usersfile = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/users"
 files: acctusersfile = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/acct_users"
 files: preproxy_usersfile = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/preproxy_users"
 files: compat = "no"
Module: Instantiated files (files)
Module: Loaded Acct-Unique-Session-Id
 acct_unique: key = "User-Name, Acct-Session-Id, NAS-IP-Address, Client-IP-Address, NAS-Port"
Module: Instantiated acct_unique (acct_unique)
Module: Loaded detail
 detail: detailfile = "/usr/local/var/log/radius/radacct/%{Client-IP-Address}/detail-%Y%m%d"
 detail: detailperm = 384
 detail: dirperm = 493
 detail: locking = no
Module: Instantiated detail (detail)
Module: Loaded radutmp
 radutmp: filename = "/usr/local/var/log/radius/radutmp"
 radutmp: username = "%{User-Name}"
 radutmp: case_sensitive = yes
 radutmp: check_with_nas = yes
 radutmp: perm = 384
 radutmp: callerid = yes
Module: Instantiated radutmp (radutmp)
Listening on authentication *:1812
Listening on accounting *:1813
Ready to process requests.

Packet 0

rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 127.0.0.1:47775, id=225, length=59
        User-Name = "testing"
        User-Password = "password"
        NAS-IP-Address = 255.255.255.255
        NAS-Port = 0   Processing the authorize section of radiusd.conf
  modcall[authorize]: module "preprocess" returns ok for request 0
  modcall[authorize]: module "chap" returns noop for request 0
  modcall[authorize]: module "mschap" returns noop for request 0
    rlm_realm: No '@' in User-Name = "testing", looking up realm NULL
    rlm_realm: No such realm "NULL"
  modcall[authorize]: module "suffix" returns noop for request 0
  rlm_eap: No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
  modcall[authorize]: module "eap" returns noop for request 0
    users: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 153
  modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns ok for request 0

rlm_pap: WARNING! No "known good" password found for the user.  Authentication may fail because of this.   modcall[authorize]: module "pap" returns noop for request 0
modcall: leaving group authorize (returns ok) for request 0
  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type System
auth: type "System"
  Processing the authenticate section of radiusd.conf
modcall: entering group authenticate for request 0
  modcall[authenticate]: module "unix" returns notfound for request 0
modcall: leaving group authenticate (returns notfound) for request 0
auth: Failed to validate the user.
Delaying request 0 for 1 seconds
Finished request 0

Going to the next request
--- Walking the entire request list ---
Waking up in 1 seconds...
--- Walking the entire request list ---
Waking up in 1 seconds...
--- Walking the entire request list ---

Sending Access-Reject of id 225 to 127.0.0.1 port 47775
Waking up in 4 seconds...
--- Walking the entire request list ---
Cleaning up request 0 ID 225 with timestamp 4d81dfed
Nothing to do.  Sleeping until we see a request.