Using Freeradius2

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Mar 19 08:15:32 CET 2011

Luke Hammond wrote:
> Hey all, is there any good resources on how to actually use Freeradius2
> once its installed?

  The server does come with documentation...

> My problem is this: we have clients that are people in teh ir houses
> that connect to our wireless network, COoca login page appears and they
> login with the username and password that i input into daloRADIUS. I
> have a few clients that are small Lan Houses that want to use our
> system, but i am unsure if i can have them not need to login through the
> CoovaChilli portal, and they just get authenticated via MAC address of
> their Antenna? I can't find any good documentation on how to do anything
> with Freeradius.

  The server does *not* include documentation on how to set up your
particular configuration.

  In this case, you can't find documentation for what you want because
your problem is poorly specified.  "I want to do something, but I'm not
sure what, it might be like this"

  Figure out *exactly* what you want to do, and what pieces are
involved.  After that, it should be pretty straightforward.