$75.00 USD Bounty

Craig Campbell craig.campbell at ccraft.ca
Mon Mar 21 14:54:46 CET 2011

Hi Craig,
 Craig here too...

I am not very knacky with PERL, but I can tell you what you need to know.

1. in the file file users you will need a line like,
  DEFAULT Auth-Type := Accept

          Exec-Program-Wait = "/usr/local/sbin/auth -X -U -- %{User-Name} %{User-Password} %{%{Called-Station-Id}:-Missing} %{%{NAS-IP-Address}:-Missing} %{%{Calling-Station-Id}:-Missing} %{%{NAS-Port-Type}:-Missing} %{Vendor-Specific}" ,

          Fall-Through = no

  Where /usr/local/sbin/auth is your perl authorization script.
  You may either pass the authentication request parameters via command line as in the example above, or they may be collected from environmental variables.  Note the '-' characters are replaced with '_' characters in the environmental variable names.  The -X and -U are specific to MY auth program.  The '--' denotes an end to command line switches.  The Parameter substitution for some variables ensures the word "Missing" in the event a value pair variable is not defined. (Again just for the needs of my script.)

  Beware:  There is a line length limit - much longer than this and you should use the environmental variable option to collect the parameters.  The example above EVOLVED form ancient radius software.  I'd likely drop the command line parameters entirely if I was writing it fresh today.
2. The auth script MUST return a return code == 0 (zero) for success.  Non zero and authentication is denied.

3. stdout from the auth script should be any value pairs you wish returned to the NAS.  (From memory) these value pairs need to be comma,' separated.  Returning an INVALID value pair for the NAS results in NO value pairs being returned and the stdout becomes a log message as I recall - very misleading.  I suggest you test by adding 1 value pair at a time to the successful logins.

There's my 5 minute memory dump.

Hope it helps,
-craig