Debian packaging

Adrien Demarez adrien.demarez at bolloretelecom.eu
Wed Mar 23 17:27:26 CET 2011

Dear all,

I have an issue with the new (development/git) version of the TLV parsing (nested TLVs for WiMAX) : is there a clean way to end a container TLV ?
Here is my issue : I have to insert several WiMAX-Packet-Flow-Descriptor TLVs (each containing a WiMAX-Packet-Flow-Id and a WiMAX-Service-Profile-Id). However, I cannot simply write the following (e.g. in update reply) :
WiMAX-Packet-Flow-Id = 0
WiMAX-Service-Profile-Id = 1
WiMAX-Packet-Flow-Id = 1
WiMAX-Service-Profile-Id = 2
WiMAX-Packet-Flow-Id = 2
WiMAX-Service-Profile-Id = 3
WiMAX-Packet-Flow-Id = 3
WiMAX-Service-Profile-Id = 4

If I do this, all I get is a single WiMAX-Packet-Flow-Id containing 8 sub-TLVs, while I want 4 WiMAX-Packet-Flow-Id (each containing 2 TLVs). The "quick hack" I found is to write
WiMAX-Packet-Flow-Id = 0
WiMAX-Service-Profile-Id = 1
WiMAX-IP-Technology = 0x06
WiMAX-Packet-Flow-Id = 1
WiMAX-Service-Profile-Id = 2
WiMAX-IP-Technology = 0x06
WiMAX-Packet-Flow-Id = 2
WiMAX-Service-Profile-Id = 3
WiMAX-IP-Technology = 0x06
WiMAX-Packet-Flow-Id = 3
WiMAX-Service-Profile-Id = 4
WiMAX-IP-Technology = 0x06

Here, the "WiMAX-IP-Technology = 0x06" (but it could be anything else) acts as a separator, forcing FreeRadius to write a new WiMAX-Packet-Flow-Id container. But this is not clean IMO. Is there a better way to do this ?
Best regards,

--
Adrien Demarez