Certificate Compatibility

Jim Rice jmrice6640 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 19:38:36 CEST 2011

I believe that installing a certificate on the SM removes both of the defaults.

Does this mean then that one slot is for the CA cert, and the other is for a client cert?

Do we need to generate and install client certificates for every SM?

I thought the AP was the Radius Client in this case, and was handling the TLS handshake?  Or does the SM provide its certificates to the AP along with the "user identity" and MAC address when it connects?

(Just when I thought I was beginning to understand all of this...)