Mac Auth and post-auth logging to SQL

Jason Antman jantman at oit.rutgers.edu
Tue Mar 29 20:13:31 CEST 2011

Alan DeKok wrote:
>   Because you're doing it wrong.  The whole point of accepting the user
> is that you *don't* reject them.
>
>   Change your rules to reject the user *before* they're accepted.  The
> logging will then behave as you expect.  It doesn't behave as you expect
> now, because you're rejecting them after you've accepted them.  That
> makes no sense.

Alan, thanks for the pointer, it works fine now.

I just found out that the FreeRadius wiki is *not* publicly editable.

Could whoever maintains it please update the Mac-Auth article at
http://wiki.freeradius.org/Mac-Auth to remove the parts that Alan said
"make no sense"?

It's very liable to confuse people (like me) when the Official wiki has
examples that are "wrong".

Thanks,
Jason Antman