Ldap Authentication question

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Mar 31 11:09:16 CEST 2011

Ramon Escriba wrote:
> Thank you very much for the sarcastical reply, it was really usefull &
> instructive indeed.

  It got you to follow the instructions in the documentation.

  Why didn't you follow them for your first message?  Or for this one?

> It's normal that the first authentication goes though them & send the
> access-accept to the switch, so radius it's ok
> & the switch opens the port as spected, but later all or near all
> authentication are refused?

  Because something changes.

> Radius.log

  And again, you've refused to follow the instructions in the documentation.

  Why?

  Post the debug log as suggested in the FAQ, README, INSTALL, "man"
page, web pages, Wiki, and daily on this list.  It's not hard.

  The "sarcastic" reply you got is simply a response to the tone of your
first message.  It read like this:  "Hi, I have stuff going wrong, but I
haven't bothered to read the existing documentation, or to follow it's
instructions.  Tell me how to fix it!"

  The response: "GO READ THE DOCUMENTATION AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS."