Radius proxy implementation

doqb at hotmail.com doqb at hotmail.com
Tue May 3 04:45:16 CEST 2011

Hello...

I am new to freeradius and I am hoping someone can give me some help with a
little project.  The architecture is as follows:

RADIUS SERVER -----------------freeRadius-----------------Radius client

The radius client is sending Authentications and accounting requests to
freeRadius.

For Authentication, the freeRadius must receive the access_requests, add a
couple of AVPs to it, and then send it to the RADIUS SERVER, this server
will respond with either accept/reject and the freeRadius must forward that
to the client.

Once authentication is done, the Radius client will start sending accounting
messages to freeRadius. The freeRadius must count the number of octets sent
and received (information which is inside the accounting message) and once a
certain number of packets are reached it should trigger and access_reject to
the Radius client.

I this possible with freeRadius? I would appreciate some help on this.