Freeradius, bind addresses, and multihoming

Alexander Clouter alex at digriz.org.uk
Tue May 3 21:50:16 CEST 2011

Gary T. Giesen <giesen at snickers.org> wrote:

> In this configuration, freeradius will always respond from
> 192.168.1.250, even if the initial request was sent to 1.2.3.4. This
> is obviously breaking things for me, as I'd rather not have freeradius
> listen on every interface on the server (and there are a number of
> them).
>
> Am I doing something wrong? Am I expecting the wrong behaviour? Or is
> this a bug?

What's the:
 * OS
 * output of 'ip route' and 'ip route get <src-ip-of-request>'

If you are multihomed (can get to the same IP via more than one
interface/gateway) then it should work.  If you have miconfigured the
server so that it does not how to route to src-ip-of-request via the
interface it saw the packet come in on, then you will have a problem
(although I would have expected no reply at all).

Cheers

--
Alexander Clouter
.sigmonster says: Vax Vobiscum