Problem with LDAP and ntlm_auth

Robert Mc Cready robert-mccready at cspi.qc.ca
Thu May 5 16:17:36 CEST 2011

We use Novell eDirectory and DSFW (Directory Services for Windows) which is
kind of a Windows domain inside an OU in eDirectory. I want to authenticate
users using LDAP and Windows computers account using  ntlm_auth. There is
only computers accounts in the Windows domain.

The computer authentication is working fine but the users authentication
with LDAP fails if ntlm_auth is configured. If I don't use ntlm_auth the
users authentication works. Is there a way to have both of them working
together?

We use PEAP.

Working user authentication with LDAP debug (ntlm_auth not configured):
http://www.cspi.qc.ca/sinfrmc/ldap_only.htm

Working Windows computer account authentication:
http://www.cspi.qc.ca/sinfrmc/mschap_only.htm

User account getting rejected debug (with ntlm_auth configured):
http://www.cspi.qc.ca/sinfrmc/mschap_and_ldap.htm

Thanks,

Robert.