Adding Vendor Specific Attribute to the Access-Accept

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri May 6 09:32:12 CEST 2011

normal ozone wrote:
> Correct me if I'm wrong but the NAS is the one sending authentication
> requests to the radius server?

  If you don't know that, it's not a good idea to be customizing a
RADIUS system.

> In my setup's case the one sending radius requests is a PC. I'm using
> the TinyRadius library.

  So ask them what to do.

> So technically I can use any of the radius attributes. I plan to use a
> company's vendor specific
> attribute. But will this have other repercussions? Legally, technically?

  No.

  But this isn't really a FreeRADIUS question.  You're trying to design
NAS software.  So... go do it.  The appropriate questions for this list
are questions about FreeRADIUS, not about your custom NAS software.