How to configure freeradius client?

Meyer Jerome Jerome.Meyer at iwbtelekom.ch
Fri May 6 16:46:02 CEST 2011

Hi,

We use freeradius to authenticate some Network Equipment, wie Router, Switches, usw.. and all run well!

# radiusd -v
radiusd: FreeRADIUS Version 2.1.8, for host x86_64-suse-linux-gnu, built on Sep  2 2010 at 13:07:57
Copyright (C) 1999-2009 The FreeRADIUS server project and contributors.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
You may redistribute copies of FreeRADIUS under the terms of the
GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYRIGHT.

Now, I'm using "nagios" to check servers and network and I want to check up the freeradius server.
So, I've install freeradius on a Linux machine and try to connect to the freeradius Server but It doesn't run :

# radtest nagios nagios 10.28.8.133:1812  1812 outrider
Sending Access-Request of id 120 to 10.28.x.133 port 1812
	User-Name = "nagios"
	User-Password = "nagios"
	NAS-IP-Address = 127.0.0.2
	NAS-Port = 1812
Sending Access-Request of id 120 to 10.28.x.133 port 1812
	User-Name = "nagios"
	User-Password = "nagios"
	NAS-IP-Address = 127.0.0.2
	NAS-Port = 1812
Sending Access-Request of id 120 to 10.28.x.133 port 1812
	User-Name = "nagios"
	User-Password = "nagios"
	NAS-IP-Address = 127.0.0.2
	NAS-Port = 1812
radclient: no response from server for ID 120 socket 3

1)	I don't know what's the NAS-IP-Address?
2)	I don't find any right document about "how to configure the client"?
3)	How should I configure the client? Should some deamon to be start?

Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance,

Best regards

Freundliche Grüsse
_________________
Jérôme M. Meyer
Network Engineer
IWB Telekom, Margarethenstrasse 40, 4002 Basel
Telefon 061 275 52 66
Fax 061 275 59 40
E-Mail jerome.meyer at iwbtelekom.ch <mailto:vorname.name at iwbtelekom.ch>
www.iwbtelekom.ch <http://www.iwbtelekom.ch/>
Partner von Swisspower
www.swisspower.ch <http://www.swisspower.ch/>

(Bitte bedenken Sie die Folgen für die Umwelt, bevor Sie diese E-Mail ausdrucken.)