Simultaneous logins

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Mon May 9 07:23:44 CEST 2011

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 5:38 AM, Franz <flamana at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to prevent simultaneous logins on my freeradius server, I need
> to do it with MYSQL, I have enabled simul_count query, and enabled sql for
> session and accounting.

Seems reasonable

> Now, the tricky part is that my server is also my
> firewall and all requests are comming to the same nick which is listed on my
> clients.conf file, the nas type is other and therefore the check is ignored.
> When I setup as type cisco it get no response from SNMP session, and the
> wiki suggest that SNMP is not working with version 2.1.10 unless some
> modification is done.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

You can have sql to manage accounting and session (using the
acccounting data), which should be independent of NAS type, without
the need for SNMP or any external command/utility. Look at
simul_count_query and simul_verify_query. Sometimes it's easier to:
- uncomment simul_count_query
- adjust it according your needs (for example, we use acctstoptime to
store when an accounting packet arrives, including acct-start and
acct-interim, so in our case we can't use "AND acctstoptime IS NULL"
part).
- comment-out simul_verify_query

--
Fajar