PEAP/MSCHAPv2 failing with Windows 7

Garber, Neal Neal.Garber at iberdrolausa.com
Tue May 10 16:18:15 CEST 2011

> I can/will upgrade, but the symptoms lead me to believe its a windows
> thing.  What leads you to believe an FR upgrade would fix it?

I sent another response with more info.  The issue I'm thinking of is one we talked about quite a while ago (I asked if you could test it).  It's the one where the case (i.e., upper vs. lower) of the User-Name differs between the inner and outer tunnels.  Take a look at the link I included in my last response.  In it, there's a table that showed the results of tests I performed.  It was with XP not Win7, but the same *may* apply.  I would look in the debug output at the Access-Requests and compare the User-Name attributes for inner and outer tunnels to see if they are *exactly* the same (it's case-sensitive as it is used to construct the challenge/response.  I thought of this because my testing produced different results depending upon whether credentials were passed automatically (which is a symptom you described).  Look at the table in:

http://freeradius.1045715.n5.nabble.com/MSCHAP-Authentication-Issue-td2785146.html

to see what I mean..