AD Authentication + radius + foundryAP

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue May 17 07:27:41 CEST 2011

Mark Pipkin wrote:
> I followed the guide that was linked from http://wiki.freeradius.org/FreeRADIUS_Active_Directory_Integration_HOWTO because I'm running v2 of the radius server.
>
> After going to the guide I was still unable to authenticate to the AD though the wireless AP controller.  This radius is running on Ubuntu 10.04 and is supposed to replace a free radius controller running v1 on Gentoo.  The one running on Gentoo is working for the most part, just dies from time to time.  So we are just upgrading and refreshing.
>
> For some reason I have not been able to get the radius server to do what I need it to do and that is work with MS-CHAP so that it will authenticate to AD.

  Post the debugging output into the form at:

http://networkradius.com/freeradius.html

  And read the highlighted lines.  It should be obvious what's going on.

  You need to tell the server how to authenticate the user.

  Also read my Active Directory guide at:

http://deployingradius.com/documents/configuration/active_directory.html

  It contains detailed documentation and explanations for how to get
this to work.