Using LDAP with EAP-TLS

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue May 17 09:10:45 CEST 2011

Alexandros Gougousoudis wrote:
> Phil, I also understand a lot of things and I can read, but the
> documentation of FR is not ideal. I've googled around, looked examples
> and had more questions than before. Where are all these features
> documented, like the "if then"-things in the conf, all the keywords like
> "ok=return" and so on,

  All documented.  See "man unlang".

> what's the difference between Autz-Type and Auth-Type?

  See doc/Autz-Type

> The only thing to get help is here on the list, on the net
> you find a lot infos to FR 1.1 and 2 (one is deployinradius and one the
> FR site) sites containing a little bit information, no much more than
> the conf-files coming with the FR-archive.

  The detailed guides on my web site are a *lot* more than the config
files that come with the server.

> I'am not complaining, because
> it's an open source project, but you should note that it's sometimes not
> the lack of understanding than the lack of well documented features. And
> if I can't find the infos I need in the docs, I start to try things out.

  The main issue with the current documentation is organization.  The
organization is currently pretty bad.  But nearly everything is
documented somewhere.