HUAWEI MA5200G and Vendor Specific Attributes

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue May 17 12:05:36 CEST 2011

Ali Majdzadeh wrote:
> I’m using freeradius 1.1.8

  Upgrade.

> with a C external program for auth/acct. I’m
> sending attributes to RAS by printf . RAS type is HUAWEI MA5200G And I
> send attributes as follows:
>                         printf(",\nInput-Peak-Rate=%d",(int)rx_burst);

  Read dictionary.huawei.  These are not the correct attribute names.

> the last 4 lines are HUAWEI vendor specific attributes. MA5200G RAS
> Debug

  Run the server in debugging mode as suggested in the FAQ, README,
INSTALL, "man" page, web pages, and daily on this list.

  Really.  Reading the RAS debug log is a waste of your time.  Reading
the *existing* FreeRADIUS documentation isn't.

> What is the problem?

  You're not following the existing documentation.

> HUAWEI says it support only radius 1.1,

  They have no idea what they're talking about.  Ignore them.

> So does freeradius support 1.1 when sending
> attributes by printf via external program or not?

  The question makes no sense, and no answer is possible.