using freeRadius to authentic a user to access different sources with different configuration

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue May 17 14:14:56 CEST 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 6:41 PM, Abbas Yazdanpanah
<yazdanpanah.a+freeradius at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>

> There is a NAS and I want to authenticate users. I have two resources,
> the first one the is Internet and the second is an intranet. I've two
> access policies regarding to each source. for example a policy is
> "users have different bandwidth for accessing each source". I've a
> proprietary radius server and have used its scripting abilities to set
> the second resource policy. It must be said that the second resource
> policy is identical for all users. It has been decided to migrate our
> system to freeRadius (due to the expenses) and also there is a change
> in policies so the second resource policy is not identical for all
> users any more. Due to my lack deep experience in freeRadius, I was
> wondering if there is any suggestion that would help me about this
> scenario.

Read the documentation?

Seriously. Whoever "decided to migrate our system to freeRadius"
should've done their homework first, and at least know the general
idea about:
- whether freeradius is suitable for a particular purpose, and
- how you're going to do it

Depending on your needs, something as simple as users file might be
suitable (run "man 5 users" once you have freeradius installed). You
might be able to create policies based on something like
NAS-IP-address attribute.

For more complex configuration, sql or unlang might come in handy. The
default configuration file is pretty well commented, start from there.
Then continue to the included doc/ directory (or read latest version
online from https://github.com/alandekok/freeradius-server/tree/v2.1.x/doc)

--
Fajar