ERROR: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) found for the request: Rejecting the user

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed May 18 07:44:35 CEST 2011

Jim Whitescarver wrote:
> The only thing we want is python authentication.  I just commented out
> everything else.  I will start again and try to minimize edits.  I am
> rather clueless about the nature the minimum edits should have.

  Add what you need.  The default configuration *works*.

> It seems that every configuration file needs python in every section
> for it to be recognized.

  No.  You need to list "python" everywhere you want it to be *used*.

> I don't think we want to use the "users" file.  We only want to call
> the python module for any request.

  That's just rude.

  The first message you posted showed a "users" file entry, and wondered
why it didn't work.  Now you say you don't want to use it.

  Figure out what you want to do.  The majority of the issues you're
having are due to inconsistency.

> It's not clear why we would leave other stuff in if we are not using
> anything but the python module.

  Because you don't understand what it does.  If you don't understand
it, deleting it is wrong.

  "Hey, I don't understand what this widget is on my car engine.  I'll
just rip it off.  Hmm, my car no longer works.  I know... I'll blame the
mechanic!"

  You wouldn't do that to a car mechanic.  Don't do it here.