Authentication issues with Win7 and WPA/WPA2 Enterprise

Simon L. fantasnews at ki.tng.de
Thu May 19 14:09:52 CEST 2011

Thanks for answers!

Phil Mayers schrieb:

> > That is not normal. WPA2 should be the same as WPA at the radius level.

I'll give it another try this evening.

> > That is normal. EAP exchanges are usually 9/10 request/challenge pairs
> > followed by a final request/accept.
> >

> > What exactly is your problem?

Lack of knowledge  :)  If that challenges are necessary than i got no
problem at this point. Thanks for the info!

> > Sorry - radtest does not do EAP. radtest is not a valid test.

I know, i just followed the FAQ for using the mailinglist on
freeradius.org. Just to verify that the very basics are working.

> > You haven't told us what the problem is. WPA-Enterprise is working for
> > you - the radius server is sending an access-accept. What problem are
> > you experiencing?

As you told me above, i know -now- there is no Problem with that.  :)

> > Why? You MUST include the OID.

I was not sure about if its recommend for Windows 7 too cause everywhere
its mentioned with XP SP2+ only and not for later Windows in general.

> > "Validate server cert" is done on the client. You won't see any
> > difference on the server.

> > PEAP uses TLS. PEAP needs certs too.

> > As above - that's not normal.
> >
> > The debug you sent contains no reject. Please send a debug for this case.

I will generate a separate log for the WPA2 scenario soon.

> > As above - this is normal
> >
> > Access-Accept means everything is working.

You made my day!