HOWTO add Framed-Ip-Address AVP to Access-Request while proxying

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue May 24 20:14:08 CEST 2011

Hi,

> I am using FreeRADIUS to proxy EAP-PEAP authentication as MSCHAPv2 to a
> third-party RADIUS Server. (Terminating the outer tunnel at FreeRADIUS).
> However, I need to send an AVP of "Framed-Ip-Address" to the third party
> RADIUS server ( its a legacy server), for which I tried adding a realm
> entry into attrs.pre-proxy:

debug output is always very handy.

the file you are looking at is mainly (if only?) used for FILTERING.

you should look at preproxy_users file instead

DEFAULT Realm == "MyRealm.com"
        Framed-IP-Address = "192.168.50.12"

and then ensure this file is called in your config

(ensure that 'files' is enabled in pre-proxy section of your virtual server)

files? yes, files - if you check the modules/files directory
you will see it calls the following

preproxy_usersfile = ${confdir}/preproxy_users

alan