How to test raduis is working.. can't find radtest

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed May 25 23:28:08 CEST 2011

On 05/25/2011 10:06 PM, Luke Hammond wrote:
> I have just installed FreeRADIUS 2.07 i think it is.. anyways. i
> followed a tutorial on how to install in with MySQL on Centos 5 and when
> i get to the part about testing the database using radtest.. it doesnt
> work. radtest is not where it should be, have looked on google to try
> and work out where esactly this 'radtest' lives, but all the locations
> it i supposed to be.. it isnt!
>
> So, where should it be and why isnt it there? do i have to install it
> separately? Also, how do i test that my radius is working and accepting
> logins without it?

This isn't really a FreeRADIUS question; it's either a basic unix
question, or one specific to the distribution of Linux you're using.

Anyway: How did you install FreeRADIUS. If you installed it from the
RPM, are you sure you installed all the RPMs you needed? Perhaps the
server and client tools are split into separate RPMs? I see Fedora has
freeradius-utils RPM - maybe Centos has that too?

If you installed it from source - have you looked into the directory you
installed it into (/usr/local usually)

Try: locate radtest
Or : find / | fgrep radtest

Try: yum provides '*/radtest'