Authorize only through a Postgres Query

Pedro Costa eddiept at gmail.com
Thu May 26 13:06:22 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm currently trying to implement an authorization process only, between a
Cisco GGSN and Freeradius.

My idea is for the freeradius to authenticate regardless of the MS (IMSI)
and after authentication it Queries a Postgresql Database based upon IMSI to
get the IP Pool that he will be used.

On a previous post Phil Mayers explained how i could do the SQL query
(Freeradius GGSN->Postgresql Based upon SELECT it will trigger a specific IP
Pool).

But my issue is that i'm not able to authenticate (regardless of the IMSI -
No database query is required for this) and execute the SQL XLAT being (the
SQL SELECT that will get the IP Pool name for the specific IMSI).

So how can i set up the Freeradius to authenticate my attempts from the GGSN
and grab the IMSI (from the Login data), execute the SQL XLAT and return in
the reply the specific IP address (from the IPPool that was selected based
on the SQL XLAT)?

BR,
Pedro Costa