First Time Go at Setting Up FreeRadius with Active Directory - Authentication Issues - Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat May 28 17:25:32 CEST 2011

eric at mixeduperic.com wrote:
> I have tried following both these two
> guides:
> http://www.perkinsblog.net/blog/index.php/2010/02/freeradius-and-windows-ad/

  I'm always amazed at the work people put into things.  He spent tons
of time "googling for help", when the next URL is linked from the wiki,
and is the third link when searching for "freeradius active directory"

> http://deployingradius.com/documents/configuration/active_directory.html .
> I can authenticate just find using some of the tools and local commands to
> test however When I start freeradius and try and connect using wireless I
> get some errors. Below are the errors I am seeing when running freeradius
> in debug mode (radiusd -X):

> rlm_ldap: LDAP login failed: check identity, password settings in ldap
> section of radiusd.conf

  Well... have you tried doing that?

  And *my* guide doesn't tell you to set up LDAP.

  Follow my guide.  It works.  Same with the Wiki.  Nearly *everything*
else is broken and misleading.